Sunday, March 22, 2009

update 3/23/09

Wow. A lot of things have changed since I last posted. Okay, granted nothing was ever posted on here for various reasons, but, I swear I have written stuff, so that's a plus right?

Anyway, I'll make this (sort of) quick b/c it's almost 1:30 in the morning where I live, and I'm getting a little sleepy xD sorry.

First and foremost...
I'm riding again! I couldn't be happier. I'm sort of taking lessons. I know, I know, I said I didn't want to do that any more. Well, this is a little different. You see, the problem I have overall with taking lessons and trainers is that rarely is it ever consistent. And rarely is it ever equal or fair. I mean, my last (not current) trainer kept telling me things that she would contradict the next week (which is a different story for a different day). I'll get into that stuff later, I promise. Anyway, my new trainer happens to be one of my best friends, who happens to have six gorgeous horses who live in her backyard! Anyway, she gave me a lesson this past weekend and it was great! I don't know when the last time I had that much fun riding/being around horses in general was. It was great. I was totally sore afterwards, but I wouldn't trade that feeling for the world. I just hope my friend is cool with giving me another lesson again! (I'm willing to pay good money for it!)

Anyway, another thing that has changed is my college situation. My parents, sister, and I have decided that AIP is a little too expensive - like. $93,000 too expensive (and that's just if we go for associate degrees! If we went for bachelors, it'd be at least double that amount. Yikes! *gulp*) so we backed out of going there and have now decided to go to community college. Actually, I'm really relieved by this decision. I can actually afford this without going into debt, I won't burden my parents with money issues/loans, I can still work and hang out with my friends....and I can actually get a horse. If I went to AIP, there just would have been NO WAY that it would have been possible, now it is.

And my mom changed her mind and is ready to support me should I decide to chase this dream (she wasn't too keen on the idea before). I can't believe it! I mean, I'm going to wait until college starts, and see what my schedule is like, and how my work hours are, and how much money I'd be making and how much free time I'd have....but this dream is really starting to look seriously possible and with me getting a chance to be around horses and keep my skills at least in check, so to speak...... (I mean, I might not get a horse this year...again...but this is definitely the most realistic it's been like, ever. Just knowing it's a possibility makes me happier than you could ever know.)

I'm on cloud nine right now. :)

Things are really starting to look up. I couldn't be any happier at the moment.

Anyway, I promise I'll get back to the horsey stuff soon. Now, it's time for the Horseless Equestrian to hit the hay (lol). I'm not that tired but I think I'm getting there xD Besides, it's almost 2 a.m.! (Not that that's late for me xD xD!!!)

Goodnight and sweet neighs to all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment